|Mar. 20th, 2014 @ 05:48 pm (no subject)|
|Jenny asked her boss about giving me another contract, and was told that that was possible if I am available. We are going to talk about it tomorrow morning. The thing is, it is likely to only be a month or two, and I have a four month project lined up already. If it were a semi-permanent contract, I'd jump at it, but I can't cancel the Sabine job to take a month or two of desk work. I was very sad to explain this to Jenny, and she was sad to hear it. She is really stressed out about her job, and I am helping her dig out the deep hole she inherited when she took the job. We're going to see what her boss says tomorrow. If it is a short contract, I will offer to hold open my schedule after the Sabine job ends in August. I don't know if Jenny wants to wait that long, or even can wait that long. She might have to look for someone else. If they offer me 6+ months of work starting immediately, I'll cancel Sabine. If they offer me 4 months, I'll have to think about it. I don't want to burn any bridges with Prewitt if I can avoid it.|
Also, Tom Spanbauer's new book "I Loved you More" was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home. I still have 20 pages left in Nick Pizzolatto's "Galveston" but I don't think I can wait even that long to start it.
PS, I slept 7 hours last night.